Welcome to Gadyet Brew


Now brewing the latest gadgets with a teaspoon of insights. Served hot. Great with donuts.

We appreciate your support by visiting the ads that make sense to you. Thanks.

Give It To Me Baby Aha-aha - The Nokia 5800


Used by Morgan Freeman in the Dark Knight movie (best Batman movie I've seen since Batman 1 played by Michael Keaton), dubbed as the Nokia Tube, and launched last October 2, my heart is thumping for this touchscreen sweetheart.

I've tested some touchscreen phones before like the Iphone 3G, Samsung F480, Samsung Omnia, HTC Touch Diamond, Imate, and Sony Ericsson P1i so I'd love to get my hands on this one for a quick review.

To summarize what internet review sites tell about this phone is that it's one fully-featured baby. Touchscreen, 3.2Megapixel camera, WiFi, GPS, SD Card expansion, accelerometer, and geared for music, what would you need more?
It's like an N95 phone "touchscreened" (though the N95 has a 5MP cam). My only comment about this device is it's 15.5mm thickness which I consider a bit bulky.

The delightful thing here is the price. It's said to be around 392 US Dollars (wait, calculating...) or less than 19,000 pesos. Nokia is out to prove that touchscreens need not be very expensive (Nokia's looking at you Apple Iphone).

Click on the title above to check out greater details. It's the touchscreen Nokia we've all been waiting for. I'm pondering to get one as a Birthday gift but at 19,000 Pesos, guess I'll wait for a few months for a price drop.

UPDATE (08/09): From 19,000 pesos release price at Nokia Care centers last January, price drop now ranges from 15,000 - 16,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment